The right supplies make any hard task easier. So is the case with moving and packing your closet. When you have wardrobe moving boxes and other necessary supplies on hand, you’re able to make fast work of the difficult task of clearing out and packing an overstuffed closet.
Here are some of the things you’ll need to purchase and keep with you to prepare for your move:
- An assortment of different boxes. The items in your closet require different sized boxes. Purchasing several wardrobe boxes from a rental truck company or a retailer such as Home Depot allows you to see which work best for the items that you own. That way, you can buy the appropriate number to store and protect your clothing, accessories, and shoes.
- Packing tape. You’ll want a lot of this common office supply. It allows you to strengthen and secure boxes. You’ll be putting tape on the top and bottom of all your boxes, so Cheap Movers Dallas (http://www.cheapdallasmovers.net/) stresses that you want to make sure that the packing tape you’ve bought is durable and sticks well.
- Packing tape dispenser. The rolls of packing tape fit into this tool and allow you to glide the tape across the boxes quickly. It’s the same type of dispenser used by retailers and other businesses who want to save time cutting off strips of tape by hand with scissors.
- Permanent markers. Labeling all of your boxes with what is inside of them is ideal. You’ll be able to quickly open a box, take out what you need, and move on to the next. If you’re planning on returning to work immediately after moving, this will save you the time and energy of digging through box after box looking for the right slacks, belt, purse or tie.
- Box cutter. Once you do get moved, you’ll want to rip open the packing tape and start putting items away. This is easier said than done with a taped box. A box cutter allows you to slice into layers of tape easily. Be careful not to cut too deep, though, or you might destroy something you own with the blade of the box cutter.
- A notebook and pen. You’ll use it to create a master list of boxes. You’ll want to add the items from your wardrobe to the sheet. That way, you can account for everything you packed, so you don’t accidentally leave anything behind. It also gives you an idea as to how much of the moving truck you’ll be using because of the preliminary count you’ve noted.
- Garbage bags. The Spruce suggests this common household supply because it can be used to cinch an entire closet’s worth of hanging clothing together within seconds. By tying the bag, you’re able to move the clothes without packing them in another box or storage container.
Purchase the wardrobe moving boxes and supplies you need to pack your closet before moving day. Often, you can purchae these from your local residential moving company. That way, you have everything you need on hand when it comes time to do the actual task. You’ll be able to get it done in a matter of no time because of your advanced planning.